So far, I’ve only submitted an application to participate in an art show/fair twice. The first one was last summer and it got COVID-canceled before I even found out if I was in or not. Sadness. At least I got I refund.
A few weeks ago, I submitted that second application, and it was for the Village Art Fair in Winona Lake on June 5th and 6th. It looks likely that it will actually go ahead as planned. I knew getting in wasn’t a sure thing, so I was prepared either way — get busy and get ready if I’m accepted, or get on with business and apply to the next one if I got rejected. I forgot there was a third possibility, and I wasn’t prepared for that one — I got wait-listed.
That’s pretty cool, because it’s affirmation that I’m good enough for these events, but it leaves my plans in limbo. Oh well, after the craziness of the past twelve months, I’m rather used to plans that are entirely tentative. You too? They are supposed to let me know by the 8th of April. I’ll let you all know. Maybe you can come see me there!